Monday, July 28, 2008

Kelly's Valero Services, NJ (english) AWFUL PLACE

Disgrace! I would like to share and awful experience with this so called automotive service. If you want a quick review or share your previous experiences with this place, click here
In my experience, my car broke down on the Palisades parkway, a tow truck took us down to Kelly's Valero Services. I didn't follow my instincts at all, I should have thought a little bit more about letting them taking care of my car. The grumpiest guy came out and asked me what did I wanted, I answered that the alternator was not working and that I needed to get it replaced. I explicitly asked for a rough estimate, the answer I got was that I had to wait, he took my information and then I also asked for an oil change. They said they will call me, UP TO THIS POINT, I DIDN'T KNOW HOW MUCH IT WAS GOING TO BE. I went out waiting for them to call and give me an estimate. I waited and waited and I ended up calling them. They said that it was going to be $654.00, which was completely ridiculous since the alternator is about $200.00 I knew this in advance. I told them not to change it and I went back to pick it up. When I came to the desk, this guy told me that the total was $133.00 + tax. I was really surprised since the only thing they did was an oil change. They pulled out $85.00 from checking the car (they did not do anything) and $12.00 from charging the battery plus the $36.00 oil change. I tried to argue that I never agreed to check my car, nor charge the battery and in a very aggressive and burlesque way he said: "you can't be seriuous". We were really upset and finally I left telling him that I didn't think that was fare and I will left him up to his principles if he wanted to charge that. He laughed at me, in my opinion showing that he has no honor and no ethical principles. IF YOU COULD EVER AVOID THEM, PLEASE DO SO...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home